Friday, March 7, 2008

Writing Territories

1. As a reader, my favorite kind of literature to read with out a doubt is Novels/ Short Stories. Fiction rather than non-fiction but some non-fiction novels like Miracle in the Andes, is a really well written story and is based on a true story. When writing, my favorite things to write are not plays and poems but short stories and novel type stories as well. I find this type of literature to be the most entertaining and intriguing. I’m not much of a writer at heart so besides typing to chat to people online and miscellaneous things here and there, writing isn’t too big of a part in my life. I really enjoy writing and/or reading mysteries, horror/ suspenseful stories, and action packed stories. The occasional drama isn’t too bad but sometimes it feels a bit slow.

2. One of the places I’d love to visit would be Japan or China. I really like the ancient culture embedded in those countries. From the origin of karate and the discipline and skill involved to the samurais of the past, the rich culture and scenic views all around China are well worth a trip. I have heard many things about those two countries; ancient Buddhist Temples, beautiful oceans, the famous little rafts with people selling things going down the rivers, and the country side is awesome. I’ve also heard how Japan has the bullet train which is the fastest on the earth and they also have the world’s largest building. I realize that in places like China, life isn’t very easy for everyone and there is plenty of instability and poverty but the country seems like an overwhelming breath of fresh air from the constant same routines and sights here in Minnesota. I’ve traveled several times out of the country and I love visiting those places and have seen my fair share of poverty and I’m not “shocked” by it and I rather see the true side of a country and fully experience it than just visiting the tourist attractions.

No comments: